Saturday, May 21, 2016

Weekly Reflection #3

Weekly Reflection

     As senior project came to a close I had many different feelings running through my mind, mostly being worried about the work I was doing and a lot of relief when I managed to finish it. My senior project went a lot different then I initially expected it to go, I planned on being a typical intern where I would work with some different people within the company with whatever they needed, however it turned out I would be mostly independent with my work which greatly changed my goals. 
     The past week was perhaps my most difficult, the work I am doing is very vague and to determine whether or not I was very productive each day is sometimes challenging. Throughout the week I tried to develop an idea of what I wanted to come out of from this internship and it is going to very challenging to take and show anything tangible during this review period. My mind was set on creating a website for Franklin Falls Fitness Meetup but after designing a preliminary one through Wordpress I found out a lot of my work had to be altered due to a different direction that Todd wanted to go with the website. The website will now be through Meetup and my job for that is really minimal in the actually production but I will assist in the plan which is what I have been creating for the past week. 
     I have learned some about non-profit organizations and the struggles that they face through Todd but my other goals changed greatly. I would say my goals would have been altered to learning the foundation of what a transition town really is, which I would say I achieved through my readings and the Environmental Literature class I took this spring. The third goal changed to cooperatively working within a company, which I think I achieved in some aspects, but I also think that due to Todd's busy schedule I lost some opportunities to help.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your SP may not have turned out the way you imagined but I believe you did learn some powerful stuff, Riley.

    ReplyDelete