Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9th

May 9th

     Today I woke up unsure of what I wanted to tackle for the day, after contemplation during breakfast I decided that my time would be best spent researching activities that occur in Franklin which would serve as key information for my website and slowly being reading Small is Beautiful. Through researching for a couple of hours I found much less information of community based activities that I was hoping for, which makes it very hard to create a website on. After browsing the web for a few hours I turned to Small is Beautiful and read the first few chapters. Tomorrow I hope to get in touch with Todd on where to go from the website perspective as well as read more of my current book.
Total Hours Today: 9-3 (6 Hours)
Total Hours: 40 1/2 hours

Here are my notes regarding activities in Franklin.

Franklin Activities and Their Locations
Zumba @ Bessie Rowell Community Center - Tuesdays 5:15-6 Thursdays 4:15-5:00 and Saturday 8:30-9:15
Martial Arts @ Bessie Rowell Community Center - Tuesdays and Thursdays 
Kids (8-12) @ 6:15-7:00 
Adults (13+) @ 7:00-8:00
Open Gym and Game Room @ Bessie Rowell Community Center - 5th-12th grade Monday thru Friday 2:30-3:30 (Game room stays open until 3:45)


Recreation and Activities
Municipal Parks:  Odell Park

Golf Courses:  Mojolaki Country Club

Swimming: Webster Lake Beaches

Tennis Courts:  Odell Park

Ice Skating Rink:  Area Ponds

Performing Arts Facilities:  Franklin Opera House

Tourist Attractions:  Daniel Webster Birthplace;  Winnipesaukee River Trail

Youth Organizations:  Scouts;  Recreation Center

Youth Sports: Hockey;  Baseball;  Soccer;  Football;  Basketball

Outdoor Activities:  Camping; Boating; Canoeing; Hunting; Biking; Snowmobiling; Skiing

Ski Area:  Veteran's Memorial Ski Area

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see some pictures of Franklin--any chance of a visual?

    ReplyDelete